Integrative Medicine Program:
The date to make appointments for the week of September 8th through September 12th is: Tuesday, September 2nd, starting after 9 am. Please check the calendar before calling! Check to make sure the type of appointment you want will be available for the week in question! All appointments are made by calling 760-536-7679. All SDCRI support groups, modalities and classes are held at the Encinitas location, with the exception of Gentle Zumba and Gentle Fitness. Please see individual info on each class or group to find out where they take place within our offices or offsite. August 16, 2014
The San Diego Cancer Research Institute is temporarily unable to accept new clients at this time.
SDCRI is a small, independent, nonprofit. We have been overwhelmed by the interest in our services of late. We provide complementary therapies with volunteer practitioners. We are struggling to be able to provide our free services to over 300 active clients.
If you are interested in seeing our practitioners in their private practices we have provided their contact information. Mouse over “Integrative Program” at the top of the page and go to “Volunteers” on the drop down menu. Some take insurance, and some will give discounted rates to cancer patients and their caregivers. All our volunteers have been screened and their licenses/credentials verified.
If you have any questions please call my office, 760-536-7679.
Mary Hollander RN
SDCRI integrative Program Coordinator
Quick-tips: 1-on-1 Modalities that require appointments:
- -Energy Healing
- -Craniosacral Therapy
- -Medical Hypnotherapy
- -Social Work Support
- -1-on-1 Art Play (appointments are made directly with Alessandra Colfi)
Classes & groups that require sign-ups:
- -Expressive Art Therapy (includes Friday classes, Terrariums, Mala Bracelet making, and other Tuesday/Wednesday classes)
- -Bronze & Branch Concerts
- -Other Special Events (always check individual info)
Classes & groups for walk-ins:
- -Living with Cancer Support Group
- -Caregiver’s Support Group
- -Meditation (Caregivers welcome)
- -QiGong (Caregivers welcome)
- -Nutrition (Caregivers welcome)
- -Gentle Zumba (Caregivers welcome)
- -Gentle Fitness (Caregivers welcome)
In the cases of most classes, caregivers are welcome as long as there is room available. Cancer survivors and patients are our priority, but we love to share when we can!