Dr. Paul Brenner has been posting words of wisdom on his Facebook page. We have collected these Brenner-isms to inspire you in the New Year.
- Pure love for others comes from the overflow of love for self and so asks for nothing in return. Such love leads to no-self.
- You cannot give another what is not within yourself.
- I am that other, I am.
- Life abhors constancy.
- Illness is not the enemy. Illness is a call for movement, transformation.
- The only one who can save you is you.
- The only one who can meet your unmet needs is you.
- Your gift to life is found in your childhood emotional pain.
- Psychology is Medicine. To truly be present is to erase the past.
- No thought is worth thinking about.
- The unmet needs of childhood become a part of our definition of love.
- A ‘no’ overrules a ‘yes.’
- The opposite of your cherished values also have values.